1. Plan Ahead. Make your reservation at least six months in advance, if possible. This allows you to get early booking discounts, the type of room you want and the best flight times.
2. Budget. Splurge but don't overburden yourself. This is a trip you'll remember for the rest of your life, but you'll forget how much you spent. All-inclusive resorts and cruises make your budgeting much easier, because these packages include practically everything. Consider a Honeymoon Gift List to help with some of the costs and perhaps splurge a little more!
3. Discuss your idea of the perfect vacation. Who likes sports? Who likes sun? Who wants to explore an exotic destination? Make a list of the things that mean the most to you, and compare notes. Marriage is going to call for lots of compromise and discussion, and this is the place to start !
4. Pick your destination. Make sure you pick a destination that fits your ideal vacation experience...consider their activities, the culture, resorts, and travel distance compared to that of your travel time frame.
5. Use a travel counselor. The goal of the travel counselor is to match your needs with their professional advice and experience. You may have to pay a consultation-planning fee, but it's worth it when he or she can make all the arrangements, provide you with professional expertise and recommendations, without you having to worry about anything.
6. Travel Abroad. If you're going abroad, leave plenty of time to make sure your passport is current, you have the visas needed. If inoculations are required, get them well before the wedding.
7. Photographs. Force yourself to take as many pictures as you can stand. You'll be happy you did.
8. Accommodation. Book the best room that you can afford! Consider staying at the best resort possible within your budget even if you have to be in a room without an ocean view. But don't discount the view all together, the resorts, are always saying how many clients try to upgrade once they arrive and see the ocean view or beachfront rooms.
9. Plan to relax. While it's great to know you have plenty of options in terms of things to see and do, this is, after all, a honeymoon.
10. Consult each other. Be considerate of your spouse's wishes. After all, the honeymoon is for both of you to enjoy.
Book early for your favourite choice of wedding date and location
Pack all the original copies of your required documents, you cannot get married without them!
Buy a simple dress in a cool natural fabric, and a light coloured suit in cotton or linen for the groom
Hang your dress in a steamy bathroom when you arrive to minimise creases
Expect a simple ceremony. It will be quite informal, most Registrars are happy to include a reading which is special to you
Remember to request your choice of wedding extras well in advance
We are also delighted to introduce a selection of the finest wedding venues, hand picked from our luxurious porfolio.
We want you to enjoy every moment of your wedding and holiday from the word go and therefore we would like to invite you to be picked up from the airport in a chauffeur driven car that will whisk you to the resort and they will be there to take you back again. You will also enjoy the luxury of private road transfers (except when transfers are by boat or plane) in resort where you will be escorted straight to your hotel. Please order your exclusive chauffeur service here.
For help on planning your honeymoon or want to know more about a honeymoon, check out the info available through Naples Villas.