Discover one of the world's most breathtaking, scenic coastlines. The Amalfi Coast's landscape is unparalleled in the world. The blue of the sea, the green of the Mediterranean vegetation, the colours and shapes of the small houses merge seamlessly to create one of the most beautiful stretches of Italian coastline. What visit to Sorrento would be complete without experiencing a trip to the Amalfi drive? You' ll find some of the finest scenery in Europe, as you journey through the pretty fishing villages and towns that line this rugged coastline. The Amalfi Coast has been attracting visitors for centuries. Only by experiencing it yourself, can you truly appreciate the magic and beauty of this inspiring and dramatic coastline. The attractive village of Amalfi is a former seafaring republic and the historic soul of the coast, with its famed 9th century cathedral, whose striking majestic, colourful facade is lit up by enamels and mosaics. Amalfi is a truly charming town and is fascinating to explore; how about taking a gentle stroll along the cobbled streets to sample delicious home-grown red chilies? Enjoy the journey along the roads to Ravello, where you can stroll through the charming lanes to the glorious garden of Villa Cimbrone. We advise taking to the water to admire the jaw-dropping coastline from a different perspective, as you visit the picturesque resort of Positano.
Contrast the hustle and bustle of chaotic cities with the laid back charms of Sorrento. Sample fresh limoncello in Sorrento's lemon groves and bustling medieval cities and rustic hill-top villages, mellow white wines and delicious regional cuisine, ancient traditions and fascinating history. This is the Italy you have been searching for.
Why not take a short boat jouney across the Bay of Naples to enchanting Isle of Capri ? You can step into a whole new world, as you land on this island, which is famous as playground for the rich and famous.
Anyone should be able to tell the story of the tragic cities of Pompeii and Herculaneum, shrouded in ash when Vesuvius erupted in AD 79, but nothing can quite prepare you for the scale of the city when you visit in person.
Things to do:
- Hire a private boat to the Amalfi Coast and Capri.
- Hire a private guide to explore the coast with ease on a day trip from Sorrento or Naples.
- Discover hidden landmarks around Positano, Ravello, and Sorrento.
- Explore the volcanic ruins of ancient Pompeii, a UNESCO World Heritage Site.
- Sample mozzarella, pizza and spaghetti for which the region is famous.
- Hike into the hills for spectacular views of the coastal scenery.
Important points to note:
- The Amalfi Coast is a popular tourist destination all year-round, but gets especially busy in the summer months from May to September.
- To get a spot at the busier beaches, you’ll need to arrive early in the day. Alternatively, head to one of the more remote beaches, such as Fornillo or Laurito.
- Tours to nearby sites such as Pompeii, Naples, Capri, and Mount Vesuvius are also likely to sell out well in advance.
- Accommodation options range in price along the coast, from apartment rentals to luxury hotels, and all prices go up in summer.
- You can get around by bus, car, or scooter year-round, but in summer it’s also possible to get from town to town by boat.
- Two major Italian holidays take place in summer: the Festa Della Repubblica on 2nd June and Ferragosto (also called Assumption Day) on 15th August. Expect some closures.
Amalfi Coast, Sorrento, Capri Island, Ischia Island and Sorrento Peninsula: these are the places where we spend our holidays and where we want you to come.
Let us use our expertise and knowledge of the area to customise your holiday to ensure you make the most of your stay.
This website presents the villas and holiday homes that we have visited and inspected personally and then hand-picked especially for you.
Feel free to browse our selection, which ranges from luxury villas to mini apartments, there is something for everyone!
If you are getting married, let us find you the perfect venue. Contact us for more information or book your favorite villa online. See all our selected properties here.
Are you looking for the right holiday rental in Sorrento & Amalfi Coast?
Search and book villas & apartments in Sorrento, Positano & Naples. We make your stay more memorable!